Friday 1 March 2013

Jake Bugg Vs One Direction

I can't be the only one who's been keeping track of all the Jake Bugg bitching about One Direction that's been going on lately. I can't really say that I'm the biggest fan in the world of 1D (so forgive me any Directioners out there if I get my facts wrong) but I do like a good sing-along to their songs - you have to admit, they are incredibly catchy.

But it seems that a lot of other bands that consider themselves way to cool and indie to like 1D have been pretty bitchy lately, especially a certain Mr Bugg, but I have a theory about this.

Basically if you have no idea what the hell I'm going on about here, he said in an interview, that "People call them the new Beatles because they broke America, but that don't mean a thing. I mean, One Direction must know their terrible." Burn.

He then went on to say "I don't know how they can really be considered a band, to be honest."

So apparently he doesn't like them. Everyone has accepted that yes? But that wasn't enough for him, so he added:

"Probably the ugliest one is the best singer. He might know a couple of chords."

Now I think this is the point he overdid it a bit ...

Now for my theory: You know when you were in primary school and you really fancied that one person, but if someone came up to you and asked you if you liked them you'd be all "No! Of course not! They're ugly and stupid and I'd never like them in a million years!" ... Hmm, get where I'm going with this?

I reckon Jakey actually really really fancies one of 1D, (possibly the 'ugliest one') and just doesn't want to admit to it. But one day, when he's happily joined the band and got a decent haircut he'll look back on this and laugh ...



Or he might just really not like them.
"People call them the new Beatles because they broke America, but that don't mean a thing. I mean, One Direction must know that they're terrible. - See more at: http://www.sugarscape.com/main-topics/music/819289/jake-bugg-brands-one-direction-terribleand-thinks-they-know-it#sthash.hYAPoNmc.dpuf
"People call them the new Beatles because they broke America, but that don't mean a thing. I mean, One Direction must know that they're terrible. - See more at: http://www.sugarscape.com/main-topics/music/819289/jake-bugg-brands-one-direction-terribleand-thinks-they-know-it#sthash.hYAPoNmc.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment