Tuesday 26 February 2013

Summer please




Today, I have been so cold and grumpy that I've spent most of it, sitting in a very uncomfortable position just to have my back to the radiator. My question is, WHEN THE HELL DOES SUMMER GET HERE???

To be honest, I've also spent a fair amount of time asking Google that very same question. It couldn't answer me apart from to say that official summertime in England starts on Friday the 21st of June, which everyone British will know that's a lie and that it will rain for the entirety of June and July and August, but we'll have that random two weeks of heatwave in the middle of May.

But while I was moping around, thinking about moving to Italy, and how very British I am to be complaining about the weather, I had a little look through some of my holiday photos from Turkey last year and the memory of how overly hot it was made me happy again, so I thought I'd share them with you.

The place I visited was called Kalkan, a old fishing town on the Mediterranean coast:

It really is the most beautiful place, until you have to climb up several of the hills at three in the morning. It also was extremely hot. For the whole stay it was over 50 degrees, which even the local people said was abnormally not, as it wasn't full on summertime when we went, but it was still pretty damn lush.

The view from a cafe
This drink was disgusting ... but pretty

The view from our balcony



The only sandy beach we saw all week, which was incredibly busy and the sand
was so hot it burned your feet, even in the shade
My best friend and I (I went with her and her parents) being forced to take
an embarrassingly posed photo with these two guys because we wouldn't go into their cafe
(I'm on the right if you're wondering)






This is my favourite photo I've ever taken, which is why it's the background of this blog

And finally these are the nicest cocktails the world has ever known. Fact.

Ahh, I feel so much better now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment